Saturday, March 1, 2008

Way to Go, Sis!

An excerpt from an email from my sister: "Please congratulate...members of the Speech and Debate Team....as they won their fourth consecutive state titles in both 4-A and ALL divisions (A, AA, AAA, and AAAA) overall. This was a tough year for these kids, as we lost 38 seniors last year, so this was a very big win for them."

My sister is the coach of the 4x-in-a-row state champions of the Mauldin High School Speech and Debate Team. This is my alma mater and I was a member and past captain of the team. But it took my sister to forge them into the current juggernaut of forensic ferocity that they have become! I guess the kids and the booster club helped some, too. Coach Cottingham has been their coach for, if I remember right, 5 years; the last 4 of them, they have been state champs.

Way to go, Coach!

No comments: